Warm up this winter in the Barossa Valley
Winter in the Barossa is a beautiful sight. Wake up to frost covered vineyards and low-lying fog that sprawls across lush rolling hills.
The Louise is all about embracing the winter months. Slow down the pace and take a luxury winter retreat visiting cosy cellar doors with roaring fires and indulging in local Barossa treats.
There’s plenty to do in winter in the Barossa, so The Louise has picked out its favourite Barossa activities to warm up the cockles.
- Nothing will warm you up better than indulging in the rare opportunity to taste your own birth year Tawny Port, directly from the barrel, at Seppeltsfield winery, an easy 3km from The Louise. You’ll enjoy the Taste Your Birth Year tour in the Centennial Cellar, completed in 1878. The cellar holds an unbroken line of vintage Seppeltsfield Tawny from the current year to 1878.
- Before the winter is out, plan a visit to experience the famous Barossa Gourmet Weekend (31 August – 2 September 2018). The festival is a true celebration of the Barossa, cementing the region as Australia’s premier food and wine destination. The long weekend features exquisite local dining experiences, cooking and wine masterclasses, lingering brunches, garden parties and picnics. With nine signature winery events staged across the Barossa, it’s a great way to journey around the region.
- The Barossa is home to some fantastic art galleries such as the JamFactory at Seppeltsfield. This Barossa studio showcases contemporary Australian glass, ceramics, furniture and metal art pieces from local artists such as Brendan Scott French. The studio also provides space for professional artisans working in knife making, jewellery, ceramics and glass art.
- Set a romantic scene with a glass of Barossa red in front of a roaring fire place. Take off the layers and taste world-class wines at favourite cosy cellar door haunts with beautiful open fires not far from The Louise such as and Peter Lehmann Wines, Hentley Farm, Torbreck and Two Hands Wines (the last two just over 1.5km down the road).
- The Louise offers its guests the best deluxe suites in the Barossa. What makes this offering extra special are the suites’ amenities including their luxurious private outdoor showers. An outdoor winter shower is a highly recommended trade secret! Pop the taps on hot to pre-heat the outdoor area then duck outside and gaze up to the stars. Retreat to your cosy bathroom warmed up by underfloor heating.
The Louise is a luxury 15-suite hotel located in the Barossa Valley, Australia’s global wine and food region. The property’s restaurant, Appellation, encompasses refined regional dining headed up by executive chef Daniel Murphy.
Book your visit to The Louise by visiting www.thelouise.com.au or call (08) 8562 2722.